- New Massage Pad and Mitt
- The Equilibrium Therapy® Massage Pad and Massage Mitt combo (can be purchased separately)
- This fantastic combo pack includes 1 massage pad and 1 massage mitt complete and ready to go!!
Equilibrium Therapy® Massage Pad
- The Equilibrium Therapy® Massage Pad is lightweight, portable and easy to use.
- This Massage Pad covers the whole of the saddle area and extends back towards the loins.
- The massage pad works by stimulating the muscles on the horses’ back.
- The Equilibrium Therapy Massage Pad offers effective, affordable and easy to use massage therapy.
- Clinically proven to improve back flexibility and promote relaxation
- Shaped to follow the contours of the horse’s back, provides coverage from withers to quarters
- Battery operated 30-minute sessions
- Three different, easily adjustable programs that allow you to choose the intensity of the massage
- Fits a wide range of horses and ponies
- Easy to fit, store and wipe clean
- It has three different modes (stroking, vibrating and pulsing) which it cycles through repeatedly in its 30 minute programme, preventing muscles becoming numb to overly repetitive massage.
- In addition, there are three intensity settings: Low, Medium and High.
- The soft, flexible pad moulds to the horse's shape, ensuring maximum benefit.
- Massage helps enable the horse to perform to the best of his ability.
- Tension is one of the most common reasons for poor performance in all disciplines, and massage helps by promoting relaxation and increasing back flexibility.
- Massage helps reduce stiffness caused by injury, chronic conditions or strenuous work.
- It does this by improving the blood supply to the muscles.
- It also enhances relaxation, reducing heart rate throughout the massage.
- One colour, Grey
Supplied with battery and and charger
- Let your horse relax with the Hotspot heat pad for horses.
Offering comforting heat and massage options, the Hotspot heat pad soothes and relaxes your horses hardworking muscles.
Plus – the Hotspot heat pad is not just for horses! You can use it on yourself too!
With the Massage range already helping horses worldwide, it seemed only natural to add the next best thing – heat! Not just a heat pad, we’ve added different types of massage so you can really tailor the session to your horses needs and preferences.
Our horses work hard for us with a lot of pressure being put onto their muscles through exercise.
Massage and heat are two simple ways in which we can help support healthy muscle function in our horse.
Performance depends on freedom of movement, full flexibility and an absence of musculoskeletal pain, all of which can be improved using massage (Gellman, 1998).
These factors also contribute towards keeping your horse comfortable and happy in general too!
Benefits of Massage include:
Using heat is a great way to help sensitive horses who may find massage too much. Heat is non-invasive, gentle and well accepted with many associated benefits.
Research suggests that tissue temperature needs to increase by at least 3 to 5°C from the resting temperature (Bockstahler et al, 2004). However using something that is too hot could cause discomfort and even damage to the tissue.
The NEW Massage Mitt Hotspot has been tested to increase skin temperature by 8.7°C on average?
Benefits of Heat include:
Using the equine Massage Mitt Hotspot Heat Pad:
A full charge of the battery can take up to 12 hours. The charger indicator light with be red when charging. It will turn to green once the battery is fully charged.
Open the base of the Hotspot heat pad by using the red tabs. Plug the connector into the battery and then you’re ready to go!
The Hotspot will run approx. 10 x 10 minute heat and massage sessions from a fully charged battery (based on the high massage setting). To prolong the life of your battery, please disconnect when not in use.
To select the desired massage setting, press the relevant button once for low, twice for medium and three times for high. Pressing it for a fourth time will turn the Hotspot heat pad off.
Your can turn heat on/off by simply pushing the button once.
LOW – this is best suited for a relaxing massage:
MEDIUM – this is best suited for general maintenance and everyday use:
HIGH – this is best suited:
Use cyclical massage for your horse if you are holding the Hotspot heat pad still. This is useful when targeting a specific area.
Use continuous massage for your horse if you are moving the Hotspot heat pad over larger areas. This allows each sweep to deliver the same massage.
Use the heat for your horse on its own for a gentle session to aid healthy circulation. This is ideal for sensitive horses or those returning to work. Heat is also perfect to help warm up muscles prior to stretching your horse.
For the ultimate session, use heat and massage together! This is best suited when holding the Hotspot heat pad in one area or sweeping it over a smaller area.
Using heat will draw more energy from the battery than massage. When your battery no longer has enough power to run heat, all icons on the control panel will flash and turn off. You will still be able to use massage for a while after this happens. To use heat again, please fully recharge your battery.
All horses and ponies could certainly benefit from the Massage Mitt, including those
Additional batteries and chargers also available to purchase separately
Layby also available
Dont worry if your order does not qualify for free delivery, our system will discount delivery charges for each additional product that you order.