- Pliable and flexible, Stretch and Flex Training Wraps allow the horse to move freely, while still benefiting from effective support.
- Maximum support, no restriction
- The unique breathable Stomatex regulates the skin temperature during work, which is ideal for young or big moving horses.
- The Stretch and Flex Training wrap is shaped to the contours our your horse’s leg, offering the support of a bandage but the convenience of a boot.
- Extremely soft and comfortable
- Made from unique Stomatex® which replicates the way plant leaves breathes
- Offers supreme levels of support
- Provides additional support to the fetlock joint
- Easy to fit, easy to wash and extremely comfortable for your horse to wear
- Following the success of Stretch & Flex Flatwork Wraps, our Training Wraps were designed to offer additional support and protection to the vulnerable areas of the horse’s legs during exercise.
- Not just for dressage or schooling, the Stretch & Flex Training Wraps can be used for hacking, lunging, showing, endurance, carriage driving as well as low level jumping.
- The Stretch & Flex Training Wraps are available in black and white and an array of sizes to make sure you can have the perfect fit on both front and hinds.
- We also introduced a ‘medium narrow’ fit for those horses with finer legs such as Thoroughbreds.
- The Velcro fastenings make them quick and easy to put on and take off giving you the support of a bandage with the convenience of a boot.
- They are very easy to wash and easy to wear for an array of activities.
The Stretch & Flex Training Wraps are made from Stomatex® – a revolutionary, unusual looking, material. The material itself mimics the way a leaf ‘breathes’ which keeps the skin free from perspiration and maintains an ideal skin temperature over an extended period of time.
The way the material works is by efficiently moving trapped vapour molecules from beneath the fabric by the flexing action of minute dome shaped chambers which contain a tiny pore in the centre. Stomatex replicates how a plant’s stomata transpires and passes vapour from inside the leaf to the atmosphere.
The chambers create a self-contained micro-climate, allowing cooler, drier air to pass through at a controlled rate and the material works as hard as you and your horse are working to maintain this constant condition. This technology is based on the laws of thermodynamics and diffusion – that heat will always transfer from a region of high temperature to a region of low temperature and that, in an attempt to regain equilibrium, water vapour will tend to move from a region of higher density to a region of lower density. This process means that Stomatex can overcome the problems of perspiration and over-heating traditionally associated with the use of closed cell foam materials such as traditional neoprene.
As well as ‘breathing like a leaf’ Stomatex provides a unique four way stretch to enable use around mobile joints such as the fetlock and the special type of Neoprene it is made from repels external water. It is such a revolutionary material that it has been used in many different industries for many different products such as heat acclimatisation suits, padding for wheelchairs, special wetsuits and sport injury support bandages.
The extra support offered by the Training Wraps extends down the leg supporting the fetlock joint and the pastern. The wrap around strap snugly supports the joint and also prevents sand or grit from getting inside the boots and causing rub injuries. These features mean that the Training Wraps are useful for horses and ponies recovering from injuries, those with joint problems such as arthritis and in providing gentle cushioning over scars and splints.
This size guide has been designed to help you select the right size. The sizes here are for the average type of horse or pony and should suit most breeds.
To measure the horse’s leg, simply measure the circumference of the cannon bone at the mid point and follow the sizing guide below to determine which size the horse requires. Getting the correct size for the horse will provide him with the maximum level of comfort and protection.
|STRETCH & FLEX WRAPS||centimetres||Inches|
|Small||18 – 20||7 – 8|
|Medium||20 – 22||8 – 8.75|
|Medium-narrow||18 – 20||7 – 8|
|Large||22 – 24||8.75 – 9.5|
|Extra-large||24 – 26||9.5 – 10.25|
Layby also available
Dont worry if your order does not qualify for free delivery, our system will discount delivery charges for each additional product that you order.