- .Support of a bandage, convenience of a boot
- Comfortable, breathable leg wraps offering the support of an exercise bandage with the convenience of a boot.
- Suitable for flatwork schooling and hacking well established and balanced horses that need light support and protection.
- Protects against minor knocks and scrapes without restriction
- Extremely soft and comfortable
- Made from unique breathable Stomatex that regulates the skin temperature during work
- Thick cushioned panels protect fetlock joints and splint bones
- Easy to fit, easy to wash and extremely comfortable for your horse to wear
- First launched in 2004, our Stretch & Flex Flatwork wraps are still as popular now as they were then.
- Designed to offer the support of an exercise bandage with the convenience of a boot.
- We sourced a unique and highly effective fabric called Stomatex which allows these wraps to actively work at keeping horses’ legs cool during exercise.
- A four way stretch in the fabric means that there is freedom of movement and extremely comfortable to wear.
- And they are not just for dressage or schooling, Stretch & Flex Flatwork Wraps can be used for hacking, lunging, showing, endurance and carriage driving.
- The Flatwork wraps are available in black and white and an array of sizes to make sure you can have the perfect fit on both front and hinds.
- They are the choice of many of our riders from dressage riders Judy Harvey and Jo Hamilton to event riders, Sam Griffiths and Jock Paget.
- The Velcro fastenings make them quick and easy to put on and take off.
- Easy to wash and easy to use.
Free your horses natural paces
- How Stomatex® Works
The Stretch & Flex Training Wraps are made from Stomatex® – a revolutionary, unusual looking, material. The material itself mimics the way a leaf ‘breathes’ which keeps the skin free from perspiration and maintains an ideal skin temperature over an extended period of time.
The way the material works is by efficiently moving trapped vapour molecules from beneath the fabric by the flexing action of minute dome shaped chambers which contain a tiny pore in the centre. Stomatex replicates how a plant’s stomata transpires and passes vapour from inside the leaf to the atmosphere.
The chambers create a self-contained micro-climate, allowing cooler, drier air to pass through at a controlled rate and the material works as hard as you and your horse are working to maintain this constant condition. This technology is based on the laws of thermodynamics and diffusion – that heat will always transfer from a region of high temperature to a region of low temperature and that, in an attempt to regain equilibrium, water vapour will tend to move from a region of higher density to a region of lower density. This process means that Stomatex can overcome the problems of perspiration and over-heating traditionally associated with the use of closed cell foam materials such as traditional neoprene.
As well as ‘breathing like a leaf’ Stomatex provides a unique four way stretch to enable use around mobile joints such as the fetlock and the special type of Neoprene it is made from repels external water. It is such a revolutionary material that it has been used in many different industries for many different products such as heat acclimatisation suits, padding for wheelchairs, special wetsuits and sport injury support bandages.
The extra support offered by the Training Wraps extends down the leg supporting the fetlock joint and the pastern. The wrap around strap snugly supports the joint and also prevents sand or grit from getting inside the boots and causing rub injuries. These features mean that the Training Wraps are useful for horses and ponies recovering from injuries, those with joint problems such as arthritis and in providing gentle cushioning over scars and splints.
This size guide has been designed to help you select the right size. The sizes here are for the average type of horse or pony and should suit most breeds.
Fitting Horse Boots, Wraps and Chaps
To measure the horse’s leg, simply measure the circumference of the cannon bone at the mid point and follow the sizing guide below to determine which size the horse Please refer to individual product descriptions for full list of sizes and colours available.
|STRETCH & FLEX WRAPS||centimetres||Inches|
|Small||18 – 20||7 – 8|
|Medium||20 – 22||8 – 8.75|
|Medium-narrow||18 – 20||7 – 8|
|Large||22 – 24||8.75 – 9.5|
|Extra-large||24 – 26||9.5 – 10.25|
Layby also available
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL PURCHASES OVER $100 AUSTRALIA WIDE
Dont worry if your order does not qualify for free delivery, our system will discount delivery charges for each additional product that you order.